Put together a little segment for the holiday season. A little homage to Monty Python and a good excuse to play with some cut paper a get some more experience with rig removal.
Really regretted not anchoring the trees more securely but a good experience overall.
Simple but nice set. I like the style of your trees, and the fabric character.
Things moving that shouldn't can often be fixed in post, by replacing most of the frame with a single image, provided the camera and set stay in the same place for the whole shot. A couple of zoom effects I saw in your clip, possibly caused by autofocus cutting in, might get in the way of that though.
With the cut paper, it would be really nice to have a couple of smaller leaves, like a bud and a half-size leaf, to put in before the full sized leaf pops into view. The same ones could be re-used as new leaves grow.
Thank you for the advice.
The trees moving was a completely avoidable situation but I didn't have them secured as well as they should have been. Rigging issues with the characters also made additional post editing, beyond rig removal, problematic. I learned some valuable lessons on this project.
I'll try to add some more transitions, like the leaves budding, in future segments.
Even with the assortment of problems I ran into, it was still a tremendous amount of fun and I'm eager to jump into the next project. That must be a good sign. I actually just started scripting up the next little project.
Thank you again for the feedback.