taking one frame at a time since 1999

After about 19 months of work, here is my completed film Cold Meets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok2EHkZTgiM

Please enjoy!

Marnik

Views: 629

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

(P.S. some of the music is by Nick Park, but it's not THAT Nick Park... in case you were wondering)

Nice job, Marnik! A very funny parody.

Congratulations.

I really enjoyed it. Worth the 19 months. Thanks for sharing.

thank you!

Wow, fantastic film noir with so many great details!

Very entertaining - loved the style and the humor was perfect.

Bravo! And an inspiration to me contemplating a larger-than-I-should-tackle piece.

Love the touches of humour and irony and love the genre. When I first started thinking about getting into this I turned to old time radio shows for story inspiration. You nailed it. Thanks for the dedication in seeing this through.

That was absolutely awe-inspiring. There aren't many noir films in the clay animation genre. This will stick out.

Thanks a lot guys! Really glad you like it.

The sheer technical level is filling me with questions because a lot of it is not something you see every day. The technique for making the character appear to walk through the supermarket, for example... On Vimeo, the contraption that he is attached to is seen and looks very similar to the type of rig that was used on The Adventures of Mark Twain. You have really interesting gadgetry attached to the camera as well. Did you go to school for this, or did you figure it all out yourself?

It's all stuff I've learnt from online resources (that's why there's a thank you to you guys at the end)! The winder rig the character walked on is explained a bit here: http://www.stopmotionanimation.com/forum/topics/winder-rig 

The camera slider is a mixture of a bunch of different tutorials online. Both rigs are a bit wobbly so those shots took a long time to shoot, plus a little "warp stabiliser" on premiere pro for a couple of the shots.

You've learned a lot from just the internet! I sometimes forget how great of a resource it can be. The film is very pro. Are you entering it in any festivals? I had trouble understanding the story, but that doesn't mean other people will struggle with it. A mild touch of adult dyslexia is the excuse I'm going with.

It's all stuff I've learnt from online resources (that's why there's a thank you to you guys at the end)! The winder rig the character walked on is explained a bit here: http://www.stopmotionanimation.com/forum/topics/winder-rig 

The camera slider is a mixture of a bunch of different tutorials online. Both rigs are a bit wobbly so those shots took a long time to shoot, plus a little "warp stabiliser" on premiere pro for a couple of the shots.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Website News & Tips

NEW MEMBERS

If you are new to the site, please feel free to introduce yourself on this Message Board thread.

MY PAGE
You can now customize your personal page. Go to My Page/Customize My Page.

PRIVACY
To control who sees your posts and Profile Page, go to Settings/Privacy.

MESSAGE BOARD & BLOG POSTS
If you have a question for the community, it is best to post your question on the Message Board instead of a Blog. Blogs are best for featuring your stop motion projects.

VIDEO
When posting a video, if possible, use the Embed Code instead of the URL. Your video will be a larger, more viewable size.

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

If you have a question or are looking for answers, you'll find a wealth of information here on the Message Board.

BEGINNERS a good place to start
ANIMATOR TALK experienced animators
YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT what r u working on?
STORY script, storyboarding and storyreel
ANIMATION TOOLS
 what's a surface gage?
STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS Dragonframe and VFX
CAMERA & STAGE camera, lighting and moco rigs
SOUND lip-sync, sound effects and music 
ARMATURES ball & socket and wire 
MACHINE SHOP metalwork tool & talk 
SCULPTING sculpture information and advice 
HAIR & COSTUME materials and technique 
CASTING
 foam, silicone and resin 
CLAY clay puppet construction 
GENERAL PUPPET MAKING 
other puppet fab issues
STOP MOTION SETS set design and construction
MODEL DEPARTMENT
 miniature prop discussion

and even more...
MATTE PAINTINGS
GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS 
STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION 
FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS
PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION
FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS 
ANIMATION SCHOOLS 
STOP MOTION BOOKS 
STOP MOTION ON VIDEO 
WORK OPPORTUNITIES

FOR SALE 
CHAT BOARD 

WEBSITE NEWS AND FEEDBACK

SMA.com on YouTube

New NMBC Book!

© 2021   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}