Hi. Does anyone know if there is anywere in London that i can get help with Dragonframe/animation. I'm having a nightmare with all sorts of things and really just need to speak to someone face to face as have tried to do what people have said but need to be shown.Any help would be brilliant

Thanks

(im going mad :-( )

Views: 2267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One thing I did just think of and you said before but about the changing of colure in Ps when saved . I will try and get the mach between them as good as I can get but was wondering if you had come across any other solution for that problem? i think its something to do with Ps compressing it when it opens it up but not sure?

Lol yeah, it's too bad what I said before isn't written down someplace where you could just easily go back and read it again..  

I don't mind explaining something once, but if you ask the same question again that just means you're not doing your research and re-reading the thread when you need to review it. If I were you I'd download the entire thread to your hard drive, then go through and cull out the good information you think you might need to refer to again, and turn it into a document you can always refer back to whenever necessary. That's just good study habits. 

I have printed them of. I know that you said turn down the exposer and raise the contrast a bit. I am going back and reading the thread . I was only wondering if you knew of any other solutions since then. As i did test this out but it needs to be near enough perfect (which ids hard ) to get it looking seamless. But as you said it just takes a while to get used to that.

I will get the thread onto my hard drive as you say but I am going back and reading

Ok, yeah, that's all I know to do. Just mess with it till it comes out right. 

Ok, will do, cheers :-)

Hi 

I have been doing many tests and things are going well. Been using the lightroom tut and has helped so much with quality and the overall look. I have also figured out the rig removal technique in Ps extended as I think Nick explained (yes I think its done in a similar way to tv paint). Gonna do a tut myself of it as I think it may help many people, so will post it up here

Just a quick question about quicktime player pro.

Do you know if I can customise the fps when the fps box appears? as I wanted to change it to 19fps but the box goes from 15 then 23.976 but nothing in between nor a customise option. Not a huge problem if this can't be done but great if it can

Hope everyones projects are going well

I don't know of any way to make qtpro do a framerate thats isn't shown in the dropdown list. But you can probably speed up or slow down clips in your video editing program, or if there's no way to do that then you could duplicate frames or remove frames from the timeline to adjust the speed. 

Did my rig removal tutorial fail to explain the process clearly? If so then maybe it's time for somebody to make a new one. I make those tutorials while I'm immersed in the process, so I wouldn't care to make another photoshop rig removal tutorial or go back and edit that old one now since I'm not doing any rig removal. But if you are then by all means, make your own tutorial! You might explain things in a way I didn't that some people will understand better. It doesn't hurt to have multiple tutorials, especially if they show a different way to do things or cover somewhat different ground. But even if they show the same technique, looking at both of them can help people understand better. 

Yeah that was my other thought of doing it in FCP so will give a go at that process. 

The tutorial did help but I was still struggling as am not to good at following written instructions. The process I used in the end was to drop a finished QT file into Ps and then make it a background layer then open the same QT footage up with the clean plate on it and go through it frame by frame editing it. When done export it and it works fine without having to change the exposer and contrast to any of the shots. I will post it when i have made it as I haven't  explained it to well. 

Oh ok - so you have a version of Photoshop that lets you work with video files! By all means, a tutorial on how to do that would be excellent!! MIne was strictly about working with still images. 

Yeah I have Ps cs6 extended and I think a few Ps going back a bit work with video files to. It does make it super easy as all the frames are there and can just be clicked trough individually and then just saved to the desktop (or wherever you choose ) when done .

Nick asked about getting QTPro to encode the video to 19 fps.  I think Strider has the answer: duplicate frames.  A possible method would be to duplicate every 4th frame and then use QTPro to encode to 24 fps.

Why would you want 19 frames per second?  Much better to get experience at working to standard frame rates.   It's true that you can make a QT that plays at any frame rate you want, but DVDs, Blu-Rays and broadcast TV will play at certain standard fps, and that's why the editing software has pre-sets for those rates.   (I'm not sure but Youtube might also play at certain rates?)  If you don't use 24, 25, 0r 30 (approx) fps, you can shoot at half the rate, so it is easily doubled to give a "shooting on twos" effect.

If it was animated so the speed is about right at 19 fps, you will need to duplicate some frames to get to 24, 25, or 30 (or 29.whatever) fps.  It may show a slight stutter when some frames are repeated, and others aren't, but that's the best you can do.   Frames have to be duplicated to convert film 24 fps to ntsc 30 (approx) fps, but there is a standard conversion for that because it is done a lot.

In my TV Paint software, I can simply drag the end of the clip out to the number of frames I want it to be, and it will generate extra frames, or blended frames, to make up the difference.  Or take frames away, if I want it to be shorter.  I think in Final Cut Pro you can type in the duration you want, or perhaps the percentage you want to change the duration by, and it will do the same. ( I don't remember for certain, because I do all that stuff before I import it into FCP.)  

How would it look if you played it at 15 fps (half ntsc), or 12 fps (half film rate) instead of 19 fps?  If that doesn't look too slow, you can then double each frame to get it to 30 or 24 fps, and because every frame is seen twice, it is more even looking, without the uneven stutter of repeating every 4th frame.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

jimmy zack updated their profile
16 minutes ago
alicelee posted a discussion

So sanh gia thong minh dong hanh mua sam cung ban

So sánh giá thông minh đồng hành mua sắm cùng bạn Bạn yêu thích mua sắm nhưng lại bị thời gian hạn…See More
6 hours ago
Ian Harding commented on STOPMOCHESS's photo
Thumbnail

P1470465

"Looks great!, love the big eye, hat and chain :)"
7 hours ago
Ian Harding commented on Lillie Fischer's photo
Thumbnail

Many Monsters

"Hi, Lillie, Your characters are great looking, look forward in seeing your short :)"
7 hours ago

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}