Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 14340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Everyone! Im a fresh graduate mastered in Stop motion anmation at Sapir Academic College in Israel.. I fell in love with Stopmo, about 3 years ago and havent stopped making films since. Currently looking for a job, and since stopmotion is not so popular in Israel, I am thinking of trying my luck abroad!

have a look at my new reel! :-))

https://vimeo.com/channels/392550/49367012

Hey all, I'm currently doing my Masters in animation in Melbourne, Australia. My graduating film this year is a short stop-mo doco about grief, called "Good Grief". I've only made one or two other stop-motion projects before but they were ridiculously fun to work on. I get a real kick out of making things in miniature and a bit cartoony. You can check out my other animation stuff here.

Hi! My name is Brendle Giron, and I've been interested in stop motion ever since I was a kid. Well, a younger kid. After watching The Nightmare Before Christmas repeatedly and gleaning some idea of the magic of stop motion, I experimented with clay animation, but for some reason let it go a while after. I had abandoned it because of time or lack of supplies or something of the sort, but not entirely. Once more my interest in the art has been piqued and I'd love to try my hand at it again!
Also, it's nice to be here! I look forward to maybe talking to some of you guys and learning new things on this site. 

Hi everyone! Well I've been lurking about & gleaning lots of great info off of this site for a while now, so I suppose it's only polite that I finally get around to both introducing myself and extending thanks for all of the help you folks didn't know you were giving me.

My name is Jason Willis and (among, you know, way too much other stuff) I've been a longtime fan of stop motion animation. I like to assign myself yearly Halloween projects so that I can learn a few new tricks, and in 2011 I cooked up a crude stop motion video that merged one of my favorite childhood songs with my then-in-the-thick-of-it enjoyment of the iPhone "Hipstamatic" app. To be fair the results (& goals) were decidedly "retro" and non-slick, but I reeeeeally had a great time playing with the process (in fact if you wanna check it out, the results are here: "Halloween" by Kay Lande and Wade Denning )

So that's what I've got now, and over the last 5 weeks I've been playing around with a new project that I hope to share here very soon -- THIS is where I'll really have to underscore my thanks as I very much couldn't have done it without the info found on this site.

Okay! Looking forward to learning more!

Am a total beginner so thought this would be a place to get the necessary info to Have A Go ! Have ideas, good modeller , set maker etc, now i need the tech skills......first off what camera, the most basic to learn on.....help appreciated

Hi everyone. I am a decorative painter from sweden who fell in love with stop motion at an early age.

I started to do clayanimations when I went to artschool as a teenager and kept doing it as an hobby besides my work as a painter. I slowly learned the craft of mouldmaking, silicon and foamlatex puppetbulding by my self.

In 2009 I went back to school and studied scriptwriting and started at the same time my own small animationcompany. Since then I have done a couple of small productions.

Earlier this year I moved to Poland and started working as an animator for the great studio Se-Ma-For (Peter and the Wolf) Now Im back in Sweden for a while working on my own short mythological horrorfilm Dhinac Dhul.

Nice to be here :)

HI. I've always enjoyed stop motion and at 42 yrs old fell in love with it after seeing Paranorman (twice) in the past few weeks. My 9 year old son is interested in making brick movies and my 15 year old artistic daughter wants to end up in the film industry. So I'm here to learn, absorb, and enjoy!

I'm fifty seven. I'm an amateur, work in my room in few meters, I started four years ago.  I use puppets and set very small.  Puppetts are 5" tall.  Love them. 

Hi, my name is Hendrikus Arnoldus De Vaan, or "Harrie".

I have been working on a stop-motion animated short film entitled "Disappear" for about 10 months now. At least another 6-12 to go.

I'm actually primarily a live action guy, but the prospect of making a film entirely by myself was too enticing to resist. The ability to make life out of raw materials is something pretty amazing.

Hey everyone!

My name is William..and I think stop-motion animation is awesome 8D

I've made a variety of animated projects and hope to share and learn with other 'sane' animators out their in the world ^_^

Good Morning.  I was looking around for tips on file compression and found this website.  I made a stop motion music video for a friend last year and had trouble with this - lost a lot of detail.  Am starting on a new one that is 12+ minutes and figure I better solve this problem before I start.

As for me...  I just got into stop motion a couple years ago after playing around with kinetic collage for a while.  Not mechanically inclined, and I love photography, so stop motion seemed like a more natural fit for me.  I work full time in a produce warehouse, so this is a part time hobby for me.  

Got a guest I need to tend to, will check this all out later.

Hello, I'm Yeugen)

I've been working in stopmotion for 4 years in Ukraine.

My job is to design and sculpt characters for animation, and I like this job

very much!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Tatu P replied to Tatu P's discussion Bearings for moco camera head
"Hi Richard, your rig looks great! Du you have some pictures from the inside of it? How you are…"
4 hours ago
Evan DeRushie replied to Miguel Angel "Chiyu" Helu's discussion Missing sound - export via After Effects
"Dragonframe doesn't attach audio to your RAW frames. It can only attach your audio when you…"
Saturday
Janine replied to Herb Fabits's discussion Stop Motion build up Puppet Tutorial
"Hi, thank you for sharing your knowledge. I have watched the tutorial and I must say that you did a…"
Saturday
Hannah Thomas posted blog posts
Saturday

the inventor

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}