Hello,

I created a scene in Dragonframe at 15 FPS and want to load those pictures into Final Cut Pro to save them as a movie. So I exported all the images as TIFF files and imported them all into Final Cut Pro, but the settings in final cut pro only allow for the user to set the duration of imported stills, not a frame rate. Dividing 1 second by 15 gives me 0.066666 recurring which doesn't work out so well.

Does anyone know how to set the frame rate in Fina Cut Pro to 15 FPS? or what I need to set the duration at?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views: 1030

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have much experience about final cut, but I think it should work out if you set the frame rate of your project to 15fps and then set the duration of one still image to one frame (00:00:00:01). 

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/index.html...

According to that site you can import still images as an image sequence to final cut and choose any frame rate you want. 

I hope this helps, even a little :)

Hi Lauri, thanks for your reply. I think I might have a different version of FCP to the blogger's as I didn't have some of those options. It was really useful in getting to know a bit more about FCP though. Someone else sent me a video of how to export high quality videos from Dragon Frame which answers my problem. If you or anyone else is interested here's a link: http://vimeo.com/31435285

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated!

Now I've got my next mountain to climb: Adobe After Effects!

I don't import a sequence of images into Final Cut Pro (in versions 5, 6, or 7.  Haven't tried FCP X, don't ever intend to.)  It isn't really set up to work well with image sequences, I found it diabolically difficult.  It was fine for importing a single still image and having that last for a second or two, but getting it to recognise a sequence as something that should play at the normal frame rate, like every other program I use, was too hard.  

Instead, I import the image sequence into QuickTime Pro 7 (about $30 in the US), then export as a QT movie at whatever frame rate I want, then import that into Final Cut.  Final Cut likes QT movies.  I choose an uncompressed format from the list of options - files size is big, but it preserves quality.  

That way FCP is happy, I'm happy.

Yeah I found out FCP is not "stop motion friendly". I have the latest version of Mountain Lion and everything that comes with it, including Quick Time and I couldn't find the options for important image sequences. Instead I worked out (well, watched that video) how to export good quality videos from DragonFrame.

I also gave Adobe Premier a quick go and I found that much more suited to me than FCP. I'm thinking of ditching FCP for Premier as there may also be benefits for when the project moves into After Effects.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Simon Tytherleigh replied to Todderic Miller's discussion Best Inspiration
"See if you can find a copy of 'Ideas for the Animated Short' (Focal Press). It is a…"
3 hours ago
jimmy zack updated their profile
19 hours ago
Ian Harding commented on STOPMOCHESS's photo
Thumbnail

P1470465

"Looks great!, love the big eye, hat and chain :)"
yesterday
Ian Harding commented on Lillie Fischer's photo
Thumbnail

Many Monsters

"Hi, Lillie, Your characters are great looking, look forward in seeing your short :)"
yesterday

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}