6-19-21 (147) - I bought Dragonframe 4 $338 (USD) with tax. Got a free upgraded license and a link to Dragonframe 5
6-28-21 (156) - Dragonframe controller arrives, much smaller than expected which is a good thing. I doubt I'll even use it since my current set up has my monitors away from the stage.
6-28-21 (156) - Since you do not need a set for the Jam, I will start working on the puppets first. I'm so lazy that I am reusing an old practice sculpt from last year. All I need to do is to rescale it to match my masking tape prototype.
6-29-21 (157) - My plan is to 3D print the mold with my SLA printer. It is a $250 Elegoo Mars. I bought it in mid 2019 and have completed about 140 prints with it that amounts to 500 hours of printing. I've decided to try silicone in a printed mold and to make it even worse I am going for Platinum cure silicone. Why do I do these things with a deadline I'll never know. Test number one: do nothing, no coating or dipping or anything that could help the silicone work. See just how bad it gets.
6-30-21 (158) -first print was way too small plus it had a random flat plane inside of it. I then printed the next set of molds at the right size and left them solid. There was a small hole in the molds and it turns out my FEP sheet had a pinhole in it. The last time it happened it ruined my screen and costs $30 to fix. Luckily it was easily fixed with a new FEP sheet. I did my normal curing process then shoved some foam and wire into the mold and poured silicone in it. The mold is open face.
7-6-21 (164) - FAIL - big surprise. The puppet came out a gooey mess. The leftover silicone cured perfect in the mixing cup. I am using Ecoflex 30 by Smooth On. It is super stretchy. Spent most of the day trying to get a good version of actor number 2. Decided he will not be printed and just be a build up puppet of some kind.
7-10-21 (168) - FAIL - Smooth On recommends a long cure time, a clear coat and mold release. I did all three except instead of clear I used 4 coats of primer. Mixed a small batch of silicone and tinted it green and left it over night. Another gooey mess should be useful if I am making a runny nose video. "You may think its funny but it snot."
7-11-21 (169) - repaired FEP and purchased a STL furniture pack ($10) from Etsy. I will be able to modify the furniture for my set and print it out.
7-12-21 (170) - typed a confusing and lengthy blog post and poured more silicone into the mold. The mold has three coats of Krylon Matte Clear and was allowed to dry over night. Current temp in the studio 65 degrees F and humidity is 49%