Hi it is my first experiment of 3D print .... fantastic!

in the next days I'll post more images.

www.michelangelofornaro.com

Views: 1068

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the library aspect of this is probably the most exciting part- it is a big change of perspective to realise that now you can not just download pictures, music or movies- already you caan download millions of THINGS- and anything you may have bought in the past built principally of plastic- or that COULD be built in plastic is fair game. Orchestral flutes? surfboards? modellers lathes? i've seen them all, and 8 months ago now-

this ball is now hurtling downhill very fast and this trend will only accelerate-

and of course, not only can you take existing designs and print them, you can easily ccustomise them to your specific needs...

i know we mostly think in stop motion land that these things are for printing replacement faces, but that is just one use you would find, not for nothing are they calling this the desktop industrial revolution...if you can dream it, model it, you can have it.

This is like a reverse of the industrial revolution, where production moved from cottage industry to central factory locations.  Now some of it can move back to individual crafters again.  I really don't know if I can get on board or not, but it has huge implications.

I really like it. its cool.

hello all

this test 3D printing was made to understand the quality of the printing
so the technical system of the eye needs to be improved.
For me the result is excellent but I want to try to make masks that do not have the center cut as I do not like retouching compositing in my films.
more and more stop motion films seem to be made in CGI.

Printing is done by a professional and very good experimental studio in Italy.

I love handmade surface and texture.... is the 3D the future?

www.michelangelofornaro.com

Ah- i thought so...

thanks for clarifying that-

i agree with you about the 'seam line', and although this technique gives you more combinations with fewer pieces, i always feel i can sense the digital clean up on pieces that use this approach-

at the moment i use hand sculpted face replacement elements- mouths and surrounding areas, and although we work with relatively few - about 60 maximum for each character, i find it still gives a huge range of choice and versatility to the lip sync and emotional range...sometimes limitations can be a good thing, they focus you more on making the most of what you have...

is 3D the future? i don't know, depends what you mean by 3D- but more and more films use SOME CGI technology to achieve the end result- either in clean up, or in controlling colour response, and generally, i have very mixed feelings about this-

i agree that handmade surface and texture and very important too, and think we should not get sucked into fighting against CGI films full stop, but particularly not on THEIR OWN GROUND...

stop motion has a very unique look and feel, and i think it is worth preserving- that, for me, is where the magic is.

one last question- could you share the price of how much this print cost you?

WOW!Is that color 3d print(looks like it).That is impressive!I'm trying to work on a series of 3d prints as well for a character's head.Its going slow,but progess is being made.

Looks genius ....So what program did you use to draw the head originally? We bought a little Up Mini 3d printer and are loving it....just need to know how to make the layers line up ....i drew up a skull using sculptris....which turned out promising...but the next step is how to section the head into pieces that slot together..only then can we test to see if our printer is accurate enough for replacements?

hi

you can use any programs like Maya ... or others

the problem is the printer, my head is print by a very expencive machine..not mine!

I did just the drawing and a company did the finished modelling

M

thanks dude

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Mark Lester Jones updated their profile
2 hours ago
StopmoNick replied to Jeremy Bullock's discussion New free software with Canon DSLR support
"I've installed Tahoma on a 2013 iMac running OSX 10.16.7 Catalina, to see how it works for my…"
5 hours ago
patrick zung replied to Sal Elder's discussion Choice of sculpting materials for moldmaking
"a citrus based cleaner like Goo Gone or citra-solve is good for cleaning oil based clays out of…"
12 hours ago
Wallace Jones posted a discussion
yesterday

the inventor

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}