StopMotionAnimation.com

taking one frame at a time since 1999

Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 15615

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, I'm Benjamin. Well, actually am just Ben. Or BenniArt, as I'm called on the internet. I'm 14 years old and living in germany, although theoretically I'm russian. I started making stop motions in september 012 and will upload my second bigger film at this saturday. The thing I have to learn next is the animation of the walking feet, but I hope, that it won't be so difficult. 

Greatings

BenniArt :):

hi all :) I'm Selki from Australia (is there any other ozzies in here?) teehee anyway I've been 3D sculpting puppets with fibres for years and have also always wanted to do the two scripts in my head for years lol so now I am delving :) I have only done one small really badly done, stop mo (1m) and loved the result with my creatures.. its on youtube. I am currently shopping for courses in Australia on it (there is a few) but I can see online tutorials are ample,which is great! brian froud is my biggest inspiration.you can c some of my work here...

https://m.facebook.com/roamingfelt?id=377298675668470&_rdr

this site looks like a great start
selki

H Selki, and welcome to the message board.

There are a couple of us Melbournians who post here (and a few more who don't), what part of Australia are you in?

Great fibre faces - I'm not on facebook but I could see a few photos of your work when I clicked your link.  I would love to see those characters animated!  Got a link to your YouTube channel?  I'm also a great admirer of Froud, and Rackham, Dulac, Folkard and others from the golden age of illustration before him, and I see your work fitting into that tradition, but with it's own look due to the fabric materials.  

Hi Selki, if you're looking for a degree course, I can recommend the animation stream at the Victorian College of the Arts. The stopmo facilities are state of the art and the staff are extremely helpful. Come on down to MIAF this year at ACMI in June, there'll be a bunch of great new stopmo on the screen.

selki said:

hi all :) I'm Selki from Australia (is there any other ozzies in here?) teehee anyway I've been 3D sculpting puppets with fibres for years and have also always wanted to do the two scripts in my head for years lol so now I am delving :) I have only done one small really badly done, stop mo (1m) and loved the result with my creatures.. its on youtube. I am currently shopping for courses in Australia on it (there is a few) but I can see online tutorials are ample,which is great! brian froud is my biggest inspiration.you can c some of my work here...

https://m.facebook.com/roamingfelt?id=377298675668470&_rdr

this site looks like a great start
selki
hi nick I BERRY embarrassed by my attempt at stop mo... it was out side n to be frank-I just wanted to see how many frames it took to get 1 mins worth! it was jut me n mucking around for about10mins n it is very very delayed WARNING :) it was few years ago too

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wsz9bRyk3x4
oh Fi I saw this in June and we will be in Victoria as of may 12th!! is this in burwood? i travel on the road and basically I will settle down somewhere so I can set up n run with each step to get my show up n running.. I have a couple of ideas and both are definitely R rated (so far) but of course ... I need to spend the next year learning the art if stop mo OR it has come to my attention I can employ someone to do the photography too.eitherway, the while world of it excited me cos I thunk I been dreaming this one up for awhile now.i am ceasing creating for trade now so I can put all my focus into this. perhaps the burwood one will be the go.i might give them a call soon
thank for the warm welcome guys :)

The VCA is in the city, just south of the Yarra river.  There is also RMIT further north in the city which does an animation  course.  Those two are the best known and longest established, and some past students of both have done stop motion.   But I believe Deakin University now has animation at its Burwood campus, along with other art courses.    They recently hosted a weekend Pixar masterclass there.

There is probably more specific stopmotion knowledge here on this message board than at any one animation faculty. So it is also possible to just set up a space and teach yourself, with a little help from all the nice folks here.    

I appreciate the warning about your video - first attempts are alway rough, you should (or shouldn't) have seen my early attempts.  But it's nice seeing a couple of your characters coming alive.   Pretty good for 10 minutes animating, I generally take roughly a month a minute to make a stopmo film. 

Howdy! So far the boards I read are really positive and reassuring. That's lovely, so thank you for being a community! I've worked with polymer clay for about 16 years and have simultaneously flirted with and battled the desire to do stop motion. My research today has lead me here. I'm here to learn. Thanks for your time. :)
Hi! I've always loved stop motion animation. I've recently decided I want to do it myself! I don't have a camera yet but hopefully today I'm getting one. I want to do it for myself. In studying finance/accounting and feel that I'm loosing my creativity so I need to do this!

Hello Friends, I'm a 40 something hobbyist in the US. I have a back ground in various art forms but am only just now making a foray into stop motion. This site is a wonderful resource and I would just like to thank any and every one who make it possible.

hi.i´m an autodidact artist coming and going from different fields,and trying for quite some time to make something out of this hard art form in a hard place (argentina).cheers

Hi, 

I'm new here, just discovered this website whilst recently researching stop motion tips.

I write and produce music predominantly, though i dabble in photography, video and motion graphics.

I am looking to start to learn stop motion to add to my repertoire, and was hoping to gleam some tips from the obviously passionate community on this site.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Website News & Tips

NEW MEMBERS

If you are new to the site, please feel free to introduce yourself on this Message Board thread.

MY PAGE
You can now customize your personal page. Go to My Page/Customize My Page.

PRIVACY
To control who sees your posts and Profile Page, go to Settings>Privacy.

MESSAGE BOARD & BLOG POSTS
If you have a question for the community, it is best to post your question on the Message Board instead of a Blog. Blogs are best for featuring your stop motion projects.

VIDEO
When posting a video, if possible, use the Embed Code instead of the URL. Your video will be a larger, more viewable size.

Stopmo Jam HALLOWEEN!

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

If you have a question or are looking for answers, you'll find a wealth of information here on the Message Board.

BEGINNERS a good place to start
ANIMATOR TALK experienced animators
YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT what r u working on?
STORY script, storyboarding and storyreel
ANIMATION TOOLS
 what's a surface gage?
STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS Dragonframe and VFX
CAMERA & STAGE camera, lighting and moco rigs
SOUND lip-sync, sound effects and music 
ARMATURES ball & socket and wire 
MACHINE SHOP metalwork tool & talk 
SCULPTING sculpture information and advice 
HAIR & COSTUME materials and technique 
CASTING
 foam, silicone and resin 
CLAY clay puppet construction 
GENERAL PUPPET MAKING 
other puppet fab issues
STOP MOTION SETS set design and construction
MODEL DEPARTMENT
 miniature prop discussion

and even more...
MATTE PAINTINGS
GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS 
STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION 
FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS
PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION
FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS 
ANIMATION SCHOOLS 
STOP MOTION BOOKS 
STOP MOTION ON VIDEO 
WORK OPPORTUNITIES

FOR SALE 
CHAT BOARD 

WEBSITE NEWS AND FEEDBACK

SMA.com on YouTube

New NMBC Book!

© 2021   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}