StopMotionAnimation.com

taking one frame at a time since 1999

Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 15337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks John,

Yes all of these images are real sculptures. The fat guy was done using a blend of Super Sculpy and fimo. I have used Zbrush but prefer to do it the old fashion way:)

Nice to meet you,

Jason

John Horabin said:

oh wow, some excellent stuff here, incredibly detailed and clearly imagined...are all the images real?

The image of the fat guy looks a lot like a zbrush base sculpt..?

please dont take that as any kind of criticism- these images are great no matter how they were made...I am very intruiged by the kind of story that could be told with these creations...

keep it up!

ps- just backtracked and watched stasis- Giger eat your heart out!

Hello, 

I've come here to learn more about stop motion animation.  My oldest daughter has been a fan of stopmo for nearly her entire life, starting when she discovered Gumby around the age of 3, then Corpse Bride a few years later, and so on.  Recently we were fortunate enough to do a  workshop with the amazing Cadi Catlow & Andy Kaiser, who directed us to this site.  So here we are, plunging into the world of stopmo.  While the kids are busy creating a studio in the basement and building models, I am trying to figure out how to set up the camera and computer so we can actually start filming.

I have an olympus e520 dsl and a few assorted manual lenses from my old cameras which I'm hoping we can put to use, I've only got to figure out how to do it...  And then there's the computer part, not looking forward to that, but I'm feeling encouraged by the wealth of information available here.  

Hello, I am the one who was making a senior project for my high school in the old site. The final project was a series of clips I have made, but nonetheless it did impress my family and schoolboard, describing it as "intense, cute, and interesting." Right now I am in college. I haven't done any animations because my house is now full, and will be hard to do otherwise. Once I move away I will return to the business. In the meantime, I have been preparing screenplays for future projects, including my intentional project.

hello puppet people,

i have joined because i absolutely adore stop motion entertainment. i grew up watching trumpton, camberwick green and my all time favorite chigley amongst other great shows of the 70's.

i bought the dvds a couple of years ago and my grandson absolutely loves them.

being a creative bod myself i have decided that i would like to create my own stop motion movie for him with us as the stars of the show. i want to keep it very simple in the sense of detail, mirroring the style and character of chigley. so i have come here for some technical know how and ideas on how to develop my project.

so hello to everyone here, i look forward to developing some cool relationships.

Hi! Our company, HUMANIMALIA  STUDIO, specializes in puppet making for stop-motion animation and full production services. Our studio is comprised of animators,  armature masters, artists, and screenwriters, creating an  experienced team  with  full knowledge of the field. Since 2005 we have been providing our services to filmmakers, being part of multiple short-films - some of them internationally awarded including "Cages” (2006, Juan José Medina) and  “Mutatio” (2011, León Fernández).  Our goal is to offer assistance and high quality solutions  to the animator, while adjusting to his budget guidelines.

Check our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Humanimalia-Studio/351025314985484

Or email us:
humanimalia.studio.sm@gmail.com

Hi All, 29 year old male here from the UK, looking to get into stop motion animation, have always had an interest in claymation films and now looking to make my own short by turning my room into a set and creating the characters then shooting and editing, hopefully have something to show in about 6 months time! haha

Looks like a great site with a great forum, will be reading over and exploring it over the next few days, look froward to interacting with you all

Darren

Hi,  I'm a guy in 30s who got into writing his own children's tv programmes.  After a couple of animation projects, I decided to write a stop motion pre-school series.  Whadda-ya-know, an exec asks if he can see more. 

Well, this is not something I've ever tried, and after approaching a couple of studios about creating a 3-5min teaser and modelling characters, I realised my budget doesnt stretch that far, so I googled, found this site, joined and will see if I can do it myself.

By the way if anyone wants to make my life easier and help, then I'm all ears.

Welcome, Steve! Somehow I doubt you'll have any trouble finding someone to help!

And congrats on the executive interest!

Duh'vied tom uh sievi ez ?!?!?!?

Close?

David Tomasiewicz said:▼ Reply to Discussion

Hi, my name is David Tomasiewicz (don't try to pronounce it. Many have tried and failed), and I'm a Stop-motion addict.

Hi Everyone! Im a fresh graduate mastered in Stop motion anmation at Sapir Academic College in Israel.. I fell in love with Stopmo, about 3 years ago and havent stopped making films since. Currently looking for a job, and since stopmotion is not so popular in Israel, I am thinking of trying my luck abroad!

have a look at my new reel! :-))

https://vimeo.com/channels/392550/49367012

Hey all, I'm currently doing my Masters in animation in Melbourne, Australia. My graduating film this year is a short stop-mo doco about grief, called "Good Grief". I've only made one or two other stop-motion projects before but they were ridiculously fun to work on. I get a real kick out of making things in miniature and a bit cartoony. You can check out my other animation stuff here.

Hi! My name is Brendle Giron, and I've been interested in stop motion ever since I was a kid. Well, a younger kid. After watching The Nightmare Before Christmas repeatedly and gleaning some idea of the magic of stop motion, I experimented with clay animation, but for some reason let it go a while after. I had abandoned it because of time or lack of supplies or something of the sort, but not entirely. Once more my interest in the art has been piqued and I'd love to try my hand at it again!
Also, it's nice to be here! I look forward to maybe talking to some of you guys and learning new things on this site. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Website News & Tips

STOPMO JAM 3
This time, the theme is HALLOWEEN. All entries must be submitted by September 18, 2021. More info here.

NEW MEMBERS
If you are new to the site, please feel free to introduce yourself on 
this Message Board thread.

MY PAGE
Y
ou can now customize your personal page. Go to My Page/Customize My Page.

PRIVACY
To control who sees your posts and Profile Page, go to Settings/Privacy.

MESSAGE BOARD & BLOG POSTS
If you have a question for the community, it is best to post your question on the Message Board instead of a Blog. Blogs are best for featuring your stop motion projects.

VIDEO
When posting a video, if possible, use the Embed Code instead of the URL. Your video will be a larger, more viewable size.

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

If you have a question or are looking for answers, you'll find a wealth of information here on the Message Board.

BEGINNERS a good place to start
ANIMATOR TALK experienced animators
YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT what r u working on?
STORY script, storyboarding and storyreel
ANIMATION TOOLS
 what's a surface gage?
STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS Dragonframe and VFX
CAMERA & STAGE camera, lighting and moco rigs
SOUND lip-sync, sound effects and music 
ARMATURES ball & socket and wire 
MACHINE SHOP metalwork tool & talk 
SCULPTING sculpture information and advice 
HAIR & COSTUME materials and technique 
CASTING
 foam, silicone and resin 
CLAY clay puppet construction 
GENERAL PUPPET MAKING 
other puppet fab issues
STOP MOTION SETS set design and construction
MODEL DEPARTMENT
 miniature prop discussion

and even more...
MATTE PAINTINGS
GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS 
STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION 
FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS
PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION
FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS 
ANIMATION SCHOOLS 
STOP MOTION BOOKS 
STOP MOTION ON VIDEO 
WORK OPPORTUNITIES

FOR SALE 
CHAT BOARD 

WEBSITE NEWS AND FEEDBACK

SMA.com on YouTube

New NMBC Book!

© 2021   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}