can you help me with something?

i want to know about removing rigs from frames.

i have a rough understanding and i have done it before but i was not sure it was the 'right' way or the quickest way.

the way i did it was export the scene as single images along with a clean shot of the background. find the images with the rig in it and open them in photoshop along with the clean shot and remove the rig, revealing the clean shot behind. save the images and import the scene images into premier (i think).

Views: 579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh really, the working along side photoshop is pretty good. i will give both ago. 

when you edit in photoshop, do you open your clean shot as well as the image you are editing? or is there a way of erasing bit of an image to reveal a transparent background, because you already have a clean shot open in premier?

does that make sense?

Dieter Wagner said:

Yeah Mark, I use image sequence.  Just allows you more control, and if the garbage matte doesn't work you can always just select the image and right click and choose edit in photoshop.  Then when you save out of photoshop it is updated in premiere and you can keep working along smoothly.

I'm glad that the method i stumbled upon is actually useful...haha.

Mark,

What I did was have photoshop open with my clean BG pic.  Then when I select the pic I want to edit in premeire and "edit with Photoshop", I can quickly copy the clean BG into the new pic and edit.

I am not sure how to edit the pic to reveal a transparent background, but I was thinking the same thing.  There has to be a way, I would guess it has to do with the format you are saving.  I think if it's a tiff, when you go to save from photoshop it asks if you want to compress or keep layers.  Maybe if you keep layers and you have the photoshop file to have a clear BG and the pic on layer one, it could possibly keep the clear BG.  I will do some testing on my next shot.  Let me know if you find anything interesting.  It would definitely make editing in photoshop have fewer steps for each frame.

the way i am doing it is- (in premier) right click image- edit in PS. (in PS) file-place-select clean shot, then unlock the image from premier and put the clean shot under the premier layer in the layers panel. 

this seems to be the fastest way. i have not found a way of opening the images with a transparent BG.

Dieter Wagner said:

Mark,

What I did was have photoshop open with my clean BG pic.  Then when I select the pic I want to edit in premeire and "edit with Photoshop", I can quickly copy the clean BG into the new pic and edit.

I am not sure how to edit the pic to reveal a transparent background, but I was thinking the same thing.  There has to be a way, I would guess it has to do with the format you are saving.  I think if it's a tiff, when you go to save from photoshop it asks if you want to compress or keep layers.  Maybe if you keep layers and you have the photoshop file to have a clear BG and the pic on layer one, it could possibly keep the clear BG.  I will do some testing on my next shot.  Let me know if you find anything interesting.  It would definitely make editing in photoshop have fewer steps for each frame.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Lillie Fischer replied to Anthony Scott's discussion Please Introduce Yourself
"Hello! My name is Lillie and I'm a new animator! I am working on my thesis film for my…"
3 hours ago
Lillie Fischer updated their profile
4 hours ago
Lillie Fischer posted photos
4 hours ago
Lillie Fischer replied to Michael Hearst's discussion Looking for animator for short song(s).
"I would love to discuss this with you. I'm building an independent production studio and…"
4 hours ago

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}