StopMotionAnimation.com

taking one frame at a time since 1999

Hi Animators. Is there any interest in participating in another STOPMO JAM? I am thinking Halloween being the theme this time. It's a huge undertaking so I want to make sure there is interest. Halloween and Stop Motion go well together so I think this one could be a lot of fun. If this goes forward, I will be coming up with strict rules and parameters but I think as long as the frame starts and ends in a Black frame, everyone's shot would cut well together. Shooting against Black would probably be best to avoid jarring cuts. The 1st STOPMO JAM was shot against White for the most part and flowed together well. 

Just thinking out loud at this point. Please share your thoughts below.

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be in!  I like getting a long lead time, avoids being committed to something else at the crucial time, as happened before.  Happy to work to your rules.

I'd be interested again. Appreciate the lead time!

I already have a couple of Halloween videos completed. Okay if I re-use puppets and sets?

https://vimeo.com/297974052

Hi Dave, I’ll be announcing soon if Stopmo Jam Halloween! gets the green light. Most likely it will. I just need to get all the guidelines and deadlines in order.  It’s fine to reuse puppets and sets. 

Dave Cooley said:

I already have a couple of Halloween videos completed. Okay if I re-use puppets and sets?

Would be very excited to include your work in this Nick. Will keep you posted. 

StopmoNick said:

I would be in!  I like getting a long lead time, avoids being committed to something else at the crucial time, as happened before.  Happy to work to your rules.

Yes, I would like to. All gone a bit quiet here, though. Is it worth spreading the word (when the time comes) to e.g. the Facebook groups as well? It might help to raise awareness of this brilliant resource and get a bit more traffic in this direction.

Hi Simon, yes good idea, I plan to get everything organized and announce it soon. I will also email all former participants. Feel free to tell your friends. I'll probably post something this weekend. 

Simon Tytherleigh said:

Yes, I would like to. All gone a bit quiet here, though. Is it worth spreading the word (when the time comes) to e.g. the Facebook groups as well? It might help to raise awareness of this brilliant resource and get a bit more traffic in this direction.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Website News & Tips

STOPMO JAM 3
This time, the theme is HALLOWEEN. All entries must be submitted by September 18, 2021. More info here.

NEW MEMBERS
If you are new to the site, please feel free to introduce yourself on 
this Message Board thread.

MY PAGE
Y
ou can now customize your personal page. Go to My Page/Customize My Page.

PRIVACY
To control who sees your posts and Profile Page, go to Settings/Privacy.

MESSAGE BOARD & BLOG POSTS
If you have a question for the community, it is best to post your question on the Message Board instead of a Blog. Blogs are best for featuring your stop motion projects.

VIDEO
When posting a video, if possible, use the Embed Code instead of the URL. Your video will be a larger, more viewable size.

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

If you have a question or are looking for answers, you'll find a wealth of information here on the Message Board.

BEGINNERS a good place to start
ANIMATOR TALK experienced animators
YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT what r u working on?
STORY script, storyboarding and storyreel
ANIMATION TOOLS
 what's a surface gage?
STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS Dragonframe and VFX
CAMERA & STAGE camera, lighting and moco rigs
SOUND lip-sync, sound effects and music 
ARMATURES ball & socket and wire 
MACHINE SHOP metalwork tool & talk 
SCULPTING sculpture information and advice 
HAIR & COSTUME materials and technique 
CASTING
 foam, silicone and resin 
CLAY clay puppet construction 
GENERAL PUPPET MAKING 
other puppet fab issues
STOP MOTION SETS set design and construction
MODEL DEPARTMENT
 miniature prop discussion

and even more...
MATTE PAINTINGS
GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS 
STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION 
FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS
PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION
FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS 
ANIMATION SCHOOLS 
STOP MOTION BOOKS 
STOP MOTION ON VIDEO 
WORK OPPORTUNITIES

FOR SALE 
CHAT BOARD 

WEBSITE NEWS AND FEEDBACK

SMA.com on YouTube

© 2021   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}