Hi! Sorry if this has been covered already, but I was wondering what the fastest workflow for wire removal in photoshop would be? 

What I've done so far is imported all of my 80 frames (including the clean plate background) as a psd file, each frame as a layer. I've erased out the wire for each frame, but now I have a giant PSD file and I'm not sure if there is a way to batch "Copy Merged" for each layer, and then export them as sequential jpegs. 

Is there a way to export these cleaned up frames automatically, or do I have to go down the layers one by one telling Photoshop to "save as" each time? 

Thanks for any help you could offer on this!

Views: 791

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's probably what you have to do. I
Do wire removal in TV Paint because it loads the whole shot onto a timeline on one layer, with the clean background on a lower layer, and when I'm finished I can export the whole sequence.
Thers use After Effects because it also loads and saves the whole sequence in one go. Photoshop is really designed for still images. There is a mode in CS 5 and probably 6 that loads a shot onto a timeline, but I haven't really played with it since I have TV Paint which is more developed for video. Somewhere you can choose the Classic layout of PS, or one for 3d, and one for Animation, not sure if that is what it is called. I'm not on my computer right now so I can't look.

Ok, on the computer now.  Looking at CS5 which is the one I have.  I got every word wrong!

In the top right of the screen, in a grey horizontal strip, are the words Essentials, Design, Painting, Photography, 3d, Motion, then What's New in CS5.  Essentials is the normal PS, what you want is Motion.   Click on Motion to go into that mode.

If I import a QT mov, I get the current image in a big window, and a timeline along the bottom.  I can click on the frame I want and see that one, erase a wire, then click on the next frame.  I could then export a QT mov of all the modified frames.  Next thing is to see if I can import a sequence of still images instead...

No. Go to File Open, Click on the first image and it only loads one.  Select them all and it loads each as a separate image.  Click on Import, Video Sequence, and I get a message that I can't do that in the 64 bit version, I need to change to the 32 bit version.  Try that on yours and see, though.

On mine, it only works if I open a QT mov instead of a sequence of stills.  Have to run, can't play with it any more right now.

Cool, thanks for the breakdown, StopmoNick :) I will have to check out how tvpaint works sometime...and fiddle around with this photoshop timeline mode!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Miles Brandon updated their profile
8 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh replied to Todderic Miller's discussion Best Inspiration
"See if you can find a copy of 'Ideas for the Animated Short' (Focal Press). It is a…"
yesterday
jimmy zack updated their profile
yesterday
Ian Harding commented on STOPMOCHESS's photo
Thumbnail

P1470465

"Looks great!, love the big eye, hat and chain :)"
Sunday

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}